"Send my gratitude to miniMODE! The audience loved them and they were a great addition to the show! Thank you to you and each miniMODE dancer for helping make the show a success! I definitely hope to work with you guys again in the future!" - Braden S.
miniMODE is FUNKMODE’s youth performance company.
The program started early on in FUNKMODE's history because we quickly began realizing the potential for some of our students to become high-level performers with focused attention and guidance from more experienced artists. Therefore, our primary goal with this group was to train them to find their greatest potential as performers and people. To that end, every year we present miniMODE with new and exciting challenges in dance, acting, video performance, live performance, producing, teaching, music, and professionalism, while expecting them to be best possible representatives of FUNKMODE in both effort and attitude.
This program is for those young ones who truly love FUNKMODE to the point where they want to make what we do their primary extracurricular activity. These are highly self-motivated individuals, ones who excel in everything they do from school to home. They are individuals who are constantly seeking to push the limits of their capabilities and want to inspire others through their hard work and dedication to improvement.
But, they're not all hard work. miniMODE plays hard too with special events throughout the year like sleepovers, birthday celebrations, special dance related field trips, awards celebrations, and other social events.
As an added bonus, every year, from amongst the miniMODE Crew we select one person to be the FUNKMODE Youth Ambassador (FYA). This person is part of a special leadership training program and acts as a liason between the FUNKMODE Crew and its youth students. Think of it kinda like FUNKMODE's answer to a Class President, just with better training, more perks and a cooler jacket!
All of this prepares miniMODE to be just one step away from becoming FUNKMODE. When the time comes for the transition, some of them can even expect to join the FUNKMODE Crew as employees and fellow performers.
If you’re interested in seeing miniMODE perform, you can watch them in our class videos, come to one of our shows, or invite them to come out to your event or party by calling us at 1-888-FUNKMODE (386-5663) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can get to know our kids a little bit better by reading about each of them below in their company bios.
- You must have been in FUNKMODE programs for at least one year
- You must PASS THE AUDITION (dancing & acting)
- You must make a commitment to being a part of the crew for one ENTIRE school year
- Your miniMODE commitment has to come before ANY OTHER extracurricular activity
- You must turn in the weekly "SCHOOL'd by FUNKMODE" Hip Hop culture lesson
- You need to be available for special projects such as video/photo shoots and live performances
- You must attend the weekly rehearsals
- You must attend an additional Hip Hop class per week of your choice
- You must have an EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD attitude, be hard working and LOVE learning, dancing, acting and performing!